Find Out About Our Course Content
Everybody deserves the chance of a safe escape from a critical situation, regardless of disability or mobility impairment. And, whilst businesses are obliged by law to have the correct evacuation equipment, it’s extremely important that those responsible for using the equipment are professionally trained to do so.
EHS has been providing Evacuation Chair and Evacuation Mattress training since 2004. Our lead Trainer is one of the most experienced within the industry when it comes to evacuation equipment training courses, advice and guidance and is very well respected within the Healthy and Safety sector.
All of our training courses are second to none as we genuinely believe in providing the best. As such, EH Systems has gained a fantastic reputation as professional trainers. We have a lot of repeat customers who wish to train new staff members, or to train exiting staff with refresher courses to ensure they are up-to-date with their knowledge and confident to use Evacuation Chairs. This page will help you to understand the difference between the types of training we offer, as well as what each course will teach you or your staff.
We offer two levels of training courses:
1) Basic Operator Course
Up to 4 delegates per session (additional delegates can be accommodated).
A session lasts approximately 1 hour.
All successful attendees will receive a certificate of attendance and handout for future reference.
- How to deploy the Chair / Mattress correctly and safely
- Movement to the stairs, balance position and handling
- Stair descent in a controlled manner using the buddy system
- Understanding the issues affecting mobility impaired people
- Basic legislation guidance and ensuring good practice when using Evacuation Chairs and rescue Mattresses
2) Key Train the Trainer Course
Up to 4 delegates per course (additional delegates can be accommodated).
The course lasts approximately 2.5 hours.
All successful attendees will receive a certificate of attendance and handouts for future reference.
- Teaches delegates how to cascade the above course to their own staff and colleagues
- There is more detailed, practical use of the Evacuation Chairs and Mattresses in this course
- How to set up and deliver a successful training session
- Each delegate will receive their own Trainer Pack which includes a copy of all training materials
- All successful delegates will receive a trainer’s certificate valid for 3 years